The Goals and Rules Library is managed by an editorial group consisting of:
- two document managers from the Planning Division, one of whom serves as editor-in-chief
- one document manager each from the Student Affairs and Academic Registry Division, the Financial Administration and Procurement Division, the Human Resources Division, the IT Division and the Security and Safety Division (five document managers)
- one document manager from each faculty office (three document managers).
The editorial group has overall responsibility for quality assurance of the Goals and Rules Library, and for jointly initiating and coordinating development activities relating to the ongoing management of governance documents at Uppsala University.
The editorial group is responsible for:
- providing templates/writing instructions for various types of governance documents;
- providing procedures for regular updating of all governance documents in the Goals and Rules Library;
- ensuring that information about the management of governance documents and the Goals and Rules Library is communicated in relevant channels;
- participating in coordination between the Goals and Rules Library and the intranet.
The role of the editor-in-chief is to:
- chair and convene the editorial group;
- exercise responsibility for the publication of governance documents adopted by the University Board, the Vice-Chancellor and the University Director;
- ensure that current procedures and templates for working on the University’s governance documents are accessible;
- provide advice and support to officials producing new goals and rules documents and revising existing documents;
- ensure regular follow-up of documents in the Goals and Rules Library, in accordance with established procedures.
The role of document managers is to:
- exercise responsibility for the publication in the Goals and Rules Library of governance documents adopted at disciplinary domain/faculty board level or division level;
- ensure that the Goals and Rules Library in their area is up to date and relevant;
- ensure that current procedures and templates for the domain/faculty’s work on governance documents are complied with.